The Maine State Archives, a bureau within the Department of the Secretary of State, maintains all government documents deemed of archival importance, and also holds those ultimately slated for destruction.
The Archives maintain 95 million pages of archival records and 120 million pages of records to be destroyed at some point in the future.
The Maine State Archives also have many resources available for research and other educational programs.
Selected Maine State Archives images:
- William D. Williamson, Bangor, 1835
- Waldo Hancock Bridge dedication, June 9, 1932
- Waldo-Hancock Bridge Dedication June 9, 1932
- Waldo Hancock Bridge Prize Announced
- Waldo-Hancock Bridge Dedication, June 9, 1932
- Sanatorium Association letter to physicians, 1913
- Governor Baxter and His Dog, ca. 1921
- Joseph H. Williams, Augusta, 1857
- Percival P. Baxter, Portland, 1921
- Hiram Ricker letter to Estes Nichols, 1908
- Sanatorium expenses, Hebron, 1913
- Letter withdrawing sanatorium opposition, 1909